[At-Large] A message from the other side of Pacific

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Wed Mar 16 19:21:24 UTC 2011

Izumi san,

I am relieved to either that you and your dear ones are safe.  We indeed follow through the media what is happening in your country and do sympathize with you.

Japan has proven in the past that it could rebuild a strong country on the ruins of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and become one of  the top three economies in the world  and a flagship of democracy in the region.
I had the honour to meet some of your fellow nationals, as well as yourself, and they were all brilliant people. Hence, I feel reassured Japan will be able to overcome the difficult times it is going through.

If there is anything we can do to help, just ask. We will be honoured of your trust.

Take care,

Patrick Vande Walle