[At-Large] ICANN's Board and GAC to Meet on New gTLDs on 28 February and 1 March 2011 (must RSVP by February 8 2011)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Fri Feb 4 02:10:45 UTC 2011

The notice at http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-21jan11-en.htm
has been updated with this notice :

"A message to those who wish to attend the ICANN Board-GAC Meeting in
Brussels on 28 Feb-1 Mar.

If you wish to attend as an observer the upcoming meeting of the
ICANN's Board and the GAC to discuss new gTLDs [see below], please
RSVP by sending an email to GAC-BoardRSVP at icann.org no later than 8
February 2011. Space in the room is limited and we don't wish to have
people traveling and find there is no space for them to attend.
Therefore it was necessary to come up with a limited procedure for
seat allocation. If the number of RSVPs exceeds the amount of
available seating, ICANN staff will allocate the seating in an
equitable manner. To ensure maximum attendance, those whose RSVPs are
confirmed will need to submit a copy of an airline ticket, hotel
reservation or other indication of their intent to attend in person.

As previously announced, the meeting will be open, scribed and
streamed live over the Internet. Only GAC members, ICANN Board
members, select ICANN staff members and subject matter experts will
participate in the meeting. Please note that in addition to the open
plenary sessions, smaller meetings focused on specific issues may also
take place and may be closed to non-participants. If they occur, those
in these smaller meetings will report on their work during the open
plenary sessions."