[At-Large] Impressions from the Whois-Review

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:56:57 UTC 2011

John:
I generally support the tone of your response but take exception o the
coloration you place on ALAC's posture on WHOIS.

I cannot accept that there cannot be a balance between the right to privacy
and the right to know for those harmed by an act traceable to a domain.

I certainly do not consider myself as a front for domain registrants and I
strongly doubt others of the group would as well.

I consider the requirement for WHOIS data for all registrants ordinary and
well-intended.

I consider the falsification of WHOIS data in a similar light to the
falsification of any public record; incivil, at least.

I consider the lax enforcement of recorded WHOIS data - especially the
quality of it - by ICANN contrary to their own mediocre requirements and,
for the most part, vacillatory.

Carlton Samuels
Chair, WHOIS WG At-Large

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799
Strategy, Planning, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround