[At-Large] IGP Blog : The US Commerce Dept position paper for the ICANN Board negotiations

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:22:53 UTC 2011

Quick, somebody spell W-i-k-i-l-e-a-k-s!

I'd be lying if I were to tell you I'm surprised at all.  USG world view has
never really  changed for 200 years, something quite understandable for
those of us who study how power is exercised...and, the effects.

If you are students of history, here are some quotes that might provide a
reality check: 'he might be a son of a bitch..but he's our son of a bitch',
this, the realpolitik surrounding the acceptance of the depredations of the
elder Somoza of Nicaraguan infamy.  Ol'  Henry [Kissinger] is alleged to
have channeled the best of the old imperialists in my Lord Palmerston when
he was alleged to opine: 'we have no permanent enemies, we only have
permanent interests'....or words to that effect.

In matters surround principle and the 'great powers', it is always useful to
remember that you are likely to feel the 'hand of Esau' even as you hear the
'voice of Jacob'.

Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799
Strategy, Planning, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround