[At-Large] A huge day for Internet in Tunisia

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Fri Jan 14 12:30:30 UTC 2011

I have followed the news reports and am impressed some concrete actions are already taking place. Let's see how this evolves. Will the Internet surveillance and credentials stealing stop ?

Freedom of expression can mean different things to different people. Therevis lotsvof work ahead for your Chapter!

Cheers
Patrick

"Khaled KOUBAA" <khaled.koubaa at topnet.tn> wrote:

>Hi all,
>After very dark days, tonight Tunisia is living a historic moment after
>
>the President speech.
>The President has ensured that he will not be candidate for the 2014
>election.
>He ensured that all freedom of expression and speech will be open to
>all.
>Internet is really open there is no web site closed.
>I am know watching for the first time of my life "real" opposition
>leaders on governmental TV Tunisie7.
>I am positivist because I know that this is a real window for better
>situation.
>Best,
>
>Khaled
>
>At-Large Official Site: http://atlarge.icann.org

Best regards,
Cordialement,

Patrick Vande Walle
--
Sent from a mobile device. Apologies for the typos and the brevity.