[At-Large] 9th Circuit Court ruling on ICANN Contract.

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Jan 9 22:04:10 UTC 2011

> The argument you are making is one that essentially says "because there
> is a danger that some actors might use their free speech rights to do
> things that I do not like that, therefore, we must remove the 'free'
> from 'free speech'."

Perhaps my dictionary is out of date, but I'm pretty sure that "vanity
domains" are not spelled "free speech".  This argument was silly in the
1990s, and it's beyond absurd now.  You do not need a second level domain
to speak.  You have never needed a second level domain to speak.  You
never will need a second level domain to speak.

So I won't insult everyone's intelligence by wasting more time on it.

Regards,