[At-Large] 9th Circuit Court ruling on ICANN Contract.

Derek Smythe derek at aa419.org
Sun Dec 19 19:51:52 UTC 2010

The reality of this issue is that the normal internet user, be it a
small business or an individual, has not real protection on the internet.

The registrar is held blameless and the victim of internet abuse
cannot hold him liable.

ICANN is not interested in abuse issues, it is outside their gambit
despite creating an environment ideal for abuse.

As for law enforcement, law enforcement only deals with the most
serious issues. A simple reality is they are absolutely flooded with
ongoing issues.

That does leave the normal internet user vulnerable to exploitation.

Derek