[At-Large] [Chapter-delegates] The Future of the Internet Governance Forum

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Tue Dec 14 14:27:51 UTC 2010

Hi, as the new co-coordinator of the Civil Society Internet Governance
Caucus (IGC),
and the long time member of AtLarge community, I urge you to pay attention,
sign the petition, in whichever capacity you like to.

We made our own statement on his and sent to CSTD.
Please see here:
http://www.igcaucus.org/statements

Yes, the CSTD meeting was arranged in a very extraordinary way, though
the Chair maintained thate there was "clear majority" when they made that
bad decision. There were about 18 members of CSTD, out of 43. Only USA
made the reservation, but others followed. Well, almost all of these guys
were the permanent mission reps stationed in Geneva, have little clue
on Internet Governance, less on WSIS, and didn't understand the consequence
of the decision.

On Friday, Dec 17, there will be this CSTD WG open consultation meeting,
and I will join there.

It will be great, still, if ICANN AtLarge community, or ALAC express or join
the protest. Essentially, end-users interests will or should not be represented
by government folks, and that is exactly what this decision may lead to.

izumi