[At-Large] ICANN blog : US Government Opposes Launch of New gTLD Program in Cartagena

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Dec 3 12:44:58 UTC 2010

> Very interesting scenario. I assume the CEO made it clear that ICANN whould
> not only listen to one stakeholder group and ignore all others.

Actually, his blog entry sounded surprisingly like he was planning to
ignore the one stakeholder that still has the power to shut ICANN down.

The promises that ICANN made in the AoC were entirely straightforward and
reasonable.  It says very bad things about ICANN's (lack of) process that
a year has gone by and it hasn't occurred to anyone that perhaps they
should do what they promised they would do.

Regards,