[At-Large] [ALAC] ALAC Officer Nominations

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Dec 2 12:55:58 UTC 2010

Thanks Olivier,

Just to be clear, the ALAC Rules of Procedure
(section 9.2 to be specific) say "Anyone who will
or has a chance to meet eligibility requirements
after the next ICANN Annual General Meeting can
be nominated; it is not necessary for nominees to
meet eligibility requirements at the moment of
the nomination, but, if elected, they will have
to meet them before taking their seat."

I don't recall the origin of the expression "or
has a chance to meet eligibility requirements",
but it did seem tailor made for your situation
and was the rationale allowing me to nominate you.

Alan