[At-Large] [ALAC] TR: ANNOUNCEMENT : Results from Round 2 voting for At-Large selected Board Member for seat #15 of ICANN Board

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Dec 1 15:07:59 UTC 2010

Then Sébastien, attending virtual ALAC meetings and being on the mailing
lists but with no ALAC vote, has nothing to worry about.

Still, I'd like to know where in the bylaws or CoI guidelines it says that
participation in low-level policy development negates one's ability to
discuss that policy at the Board level. That's absolutely insane. One would
think that having Directors engageed in policy besides the last-minute
Board-meeting yes/no would be encouraged, not considered grounds for
recusal. It's brave and interested to one to be interested to how the
sausages are made.

I'd still like to know where that intimidation process exists in ICANN
documentation. Can anyone reading this who is -- or has been -- on the
NomComm please help elaborate?

- Evan