[At-Large] facebook vote

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Sep 1 05:04:58 UTC 2010

On 31 August 2010 20:50, Karl Auerbach <karl at cavebear.com> wrote:

> I do hope that people realize that many people refuse to use Facebook
> because of its abysmal privacy practices.

So what? One size does not fit all. Obviously enough people use Facebook to
make it an effective way to communicate. Those who -- for whatever reasons
-- don't use it will simply need to be reached using different media.

You know as well as anyone that Facebook is not a primary method of ICANN
communications. But if it helps reach those people who don't care about
sacrificing privacy on the Internet -- which people who, by and large, are
not Internet insiders -- then so much the better.

- Evan