[At-Large] ICANN Board Nomination

Franck Martin franck.martin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 18:19:31 UTC 2010

ICANN is not pioneering a governance model.

IETF is!

ICANN was modeled on the governance model of IETF, which is a sort of meritocracy.

Go to an IETF meeting and you will better understand ICANN. The current Chairman of ICANN did, do like him.

The IGF is then modeled on IETF too...

In how the Internet works, it is coordinated at IEEE and IETF (ICANN and ARIN are registry functions mandated by IETF).
In how the Networks are connected, it is coordinated within the various NOG
Looking at fighting security issues on the Internet, it is coordinated by the various CERT.

Once you know at what tree to bark to, then there is less waste of resources...