[APAC-Discuss] Your Input Required by 21 May : Before APRALO Travel Policy Listening Call 23 May 6 UTC

Gopal Tadepalli gopal.tadepalli at gmail.com
Sat May 18 05:16:51 UTC 2024

Thank you Amrita.

Towards late 2019, efforts to prepare "ICANN Community Travel Support
Guidelines". The discussions were very illuminating. There was no
travel possible very soon  due to COVID - 19, but a 30 page ICANN
formatted document
was done by 1 July 2020 !!!

Some pertinent aspects:

ICANN Travel Support does not select supported travelers. Supporting
Organizations, Advisory
Committees, review teams, the Nominating Committee, other supported
groups (e.g., ICANN
NextGen and ICANN Fellowship programs), and ICANN support staff
arranging an approved
ICANN event determine who receives travel support for a given event.
These groups then
communicate the names of supported travelers to ICANN Travel Support.
ICANN encourages
community groups to have a documented, open, and transparent process
for selecting
supported travelers.

Suggestion:

The budget for travel support needs to include the category of UIM and
"Wild Card" entries however
limited the exact budgeted amount is. Who will select the supported travelers ?

It is easy to make a round trip travel with strict adherence to the
ICANN Expected standards.The procedures
related to claims is also streamlined with good support from the staff.

Sincerely,

Gopal T V
0 9840121302
https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/57545