[APAC-Discuss] POSTED / APRALO elections 2024

Yesim Saglam yesim.nazlar at icann.org
Fri May 3 11:09:40 UTC 2024

Dear Priyatosh,

Thank you for sending your SOI. Posted on election pages.

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Yeşim Sağlam

From: Priyatosh Jana <priyatoshjana at gmail.com>
Date: 3 May 2024 Friday 13:51
To: Yesim Saglam <yesim.nazlar at icann.org>, APAC-Discuss <apac-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Cc: ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>
Subject: [Ext] Re: RECORDED / APRALO elections 2024

Dear Yesim and all,
                  I am sharing my Statement of Interest and the PDF of SOI is attached herewith for your kind perusal.

Dear APRALO Family,

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to my nominator for kindly putting me forward for the NomCom post. I also appreciate the support I have received from everyone who has endorsed me. To have been considered for such a significant role is an honour.
I work as the Vice President of Membership at the ISOC India Kolkata Chapter in addition to being an Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering (Cyber Security). I have three master's degrees: an MTech in computer science and engineering, an MSc in computer science, an MPhil in computer science, and a Ph.D. in progress. My current study revolves around the use of AI, particularly Deep Learning in the field of Cyber Security.

I am a fellowship recipient of ICANN, ISOC Ambassador to IGF, IETF, APrIGF,inSIG, NASIG and member of ALAC to a different Subcommittee WG at ICANN. I was chosen and trained at the At-Large III Summit (ATLAS III) to serve as an At-Large Ambassador. I have had wide experience in various selection groups and working groups within ICANN, ISOC and many other Internet Institutions, which has equipped me to effectively serve in this capacity. I have been the selection committee member of IGF Youth Ambassador Program, Early Career Fellowship, Mid Career Fellowship to Global ISOC, AASC member to APRALO and Fellowship Committee Coconvener to APrIGF. As a member of selection committees for multiple organizations, I have consistently endeavoured to play a pivotal role in upholding transparency, accountability, professional principles, and ethics. I have the skill set to constructively contribute to the multi-stakeholder policy creation process as a technologist, academic, and civil society activist, and I am eager to use my varied endeavours.

It is evident that, in my capacity as an APRALO delegate to the NomCom, I will be taking on duties and obligations that extend beyond the community I serve. I am confident in my ability to be impartial and flexible enough to provide the support that is needed. As stated in the NomCom charter, choosing the best individuals to fill leadership positions requires cooperation and effective communication between the NomCom and APRALO leaders and members. I think this cooperation is essential to coming to an agreement.

In order to assist APRALO in fulfilling its mandate to represent the interests of billions of Internet users before the ICANN and community, I will be standing for the role of ALAC representative to the NomCom. Furthermore, I agree to serve the term as a NomCom candidate and contribute my expertise from my fellowship to various ICANN responsibilities, particularly with regard to the At-large structure. Together with others, I will make sure that a bottom-up consensus policy is implemented and that choices are made based on consensus.Many of the regional and international ICANN leaders I met encouraged me to be deeply committed to the organization's goal and to consider the possible effects of ICANN decisions on the Internet community at large.

Finally, I would like to express my gratitude for taking a look at my nomination to be a Delegate to the NomCom, which has been approved by APRALO and appointed by ALAC.

If appointed, I would pledge to the community that, in accordance with ICANN bylaws, I would use my knowledge, experience, dedication, understanding, sincerity, and devotion to the fullest extent possible.

Best Regards,
Priyatosh Jana