[APAC-Discuss] ​Re: Invitation to attend an online conversation on 'IG in APAC region:The role of ICANN' on 10:30 AM IST on 27th April 2019

Satish Babu sb at inapp.com
Wed Apr 24 04:28:16 UTC 2019

Dear all,

Congratulations to Prateek and ISOC India Mumbai Chapter for organizing an
event that's useful to their own community as well as to the broader APRALO
community.

The APRALO Leadership Team has been discussing how we could support ALSes
in organizing similar programmes. Suggestions that have come up include
providing resource persons (particularly for Policy-related matters),
providing publicity to these events (both pre- and post-) in the APRALO
Newsletter, and providing modest contributions to the direct expenses
involved in organizing such events where required.

In order to popularize such events , the LT is planning to dedicate a  part
of our RALO discretionary budget to be disbursed to ALSes based on a set of
guidelines. Please note that operationalizing this proposal may require
more discussions and support from ALAC as well as Staff. We will get back
on this matter after May 2019, when the FY20 Budget will be discussed and
approved.

In the meantime, we would like to encourage ALSes to consider taking up
similar events, especially those that contribute to policy processes.

With kind regards,

satish