[APAC-Discuss] Call for Comments: Consultation on ALAC statement on ccTLD Delegation and Redelegation User Instructions and Source of Policy and Procedures

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 16:20:37 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

The ALAC is in the process of gathering feedback from the At Large community on our feedback into the development of clearer guidelines for ccTLD delegation and redelegation.

Within the Asian, Australasian and Pacific region, countries have different stances and positions and even within countries, there are diverse views. This is an opportunity to make your views and voice heard. There are a few countries where law has been passed to change the management of the country code top level domain name (ccTLD).

Your respective governments may already have representatives to the Government Advisory Committee (GAC) and they may also wish to make their views known independent of the At Large and ALAC.

ccTLD Managers within Asia Pacific may also wish to participate through the ccNSO is they are not already doing so, particularly where these guidelines are developed.

Whether you are from government, private sector or civil society, you can make your views heard during the consultation process. If you would like to raise your views through the At Large community, I would encourage you to read the email below from ICANN At Large Staff.

Warm Regards,
Sala

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message: