[APAC-Discuss] REMINDER / APRALO May Monthly call

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Thu May 23 07:34:40 UTC 2013

Hi Holly.

I'm travelling on Tuesday,  so can't make the meeting. Will be there in
spirit.  One suggestion on additional agenda item: APNIC36. We had
discussed cross pollination and collaboration with RIRs in Beijing. APNIC
36 Fellowships are now open. Time to discuss the APRALO strategy for
engaging APNIC.

Best regards,

Rinalia
Hi Everyone

The agenda for next week's call has not been finalised - so what I want is
your input as to what should be on the agenda so it can be.

My suggestions are:
- finances:  While input into the budget on expenditure up to the end of
October is well and  truly closed, there is a brief window to consider what
we might ask for for expenditure after November 2013.  (Both the regional
and global IGFs will have been held.  Is there something else we could do -
possibly including something at the June London meeting just for APRALO?

- Applications for fellowships for Durban - should we be encouraging people
to apply - whom and how?

- Having looked at other RALOs, there are subcommittees on Outreach and
Capacity Building.  Should we do the same - and are there any hands up?

 - Elections.  I note that people are already providing information on
themselves and why they could represent us on ALAC.  I am happy to see the
input - even if the nominating period doesn't start until next week.  So
for those who are confused about timelines, so am I.  But the interest of
all of you is a very good thing - and I encourage everyone (having decided
that there has been a de facto expansion of the timeline) to consider - for
themselves or someone else - our next ALAC rep.

- Policy. Please check out the policy page on the ICANN site (ICANN -
groups - ALAC - policy) and let me know if there are particular issues that
should be discussed in a bit more detail.   I hope Oliver will be able to
give a brief overview of policy issues before us.  Please let me know if
there are particular issues we should spend a bit more time on (I know Hong
and Rinalia have plenty to say on IDN variants and some of the implications
of the Trade Mark Clearing House issues arising from the new gTLDs (but
also, as Hong has pointed out, ccTLDs as well)

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Holly

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=APRALO+Monthly+Tele