[APAC-Discuss] [IDN-WG] [At-Large] Draft Recommendations Overall Policy for the Selection of IDN ccTLD Strings PC

Maureen Hilyard hilyard at oyster.net.ck
Tue Oct 30 17:24:49 UTC 2012

Hi Rinalia

Just a quick response... I wholeheartedly agree with the ALAC comments,
especially that IDN ccTLDs acknowledge the diversity of the growing internet
user base, and that their purpose is to encourage the use of the internet
for their benefit within their own ccTLD environments. It also promotes a
greater understanding of this diversity within the wider user community.
This is recognised in schools nowadays, even in the Pacific, where
encouragement to learn languages that use scripts other than our own is
widespread. The world is getting smaller.  Our youth are growing up with a
more global mindset and will not have any problem with what we are
establishing today.

Maureen