[APAC-Discuss] ICANN Academy Proposal [Response to Draft]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:50:23 UTC 2011

Dear All,

As you know there is a proposal on the table called ICANN Academy Proposal
see: https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/ICANN+Academy+
Please feel free to solicit comments on the ICANN Academy Proposal above
and send us your thoughts.

I have written a draft text in response to the Proposal. Please feel free
to send me your thoughts and comments. Some of the challenges in the
Pacific are that even with 22 Pacific countries and Territories separated
by vast bodies of water, travel and transportation is extremely expensive
and costly. The options for training using the internet is cost effective
and practical for the Pacific.

I have attached my draft response. Please send me your thoughts. This is
critical because it affects our outreach components and capacity
development within our members.

Best,

*
*