[ALAC] [At-Large Improvements Project Taskforce] Link to the NOW ABSOLUTLY FINAL report :-)

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Jun 5 23:50:42 UTC 2012

Dear Cheryl,

on behalf of the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), I would like to
thank you for your leadership in this very tough, challenging task force
with very tight deadlines.

Your driving and the incredible amount of work which At-Large staff has
undertaken throughout the At-Large Review, follow-up to the review, Work
Team Improvements and now Improvements implementation, but also the
extensive amount of work which the At-Large community has produced as a
whole, is testimony to the work that volunteers can furnish when working
with qualified, competent staff.

A few years ago, it was thought that this first full review of
everything At-Large could happen in theory. This report is proof that it
has happened in practice, and though practice is often a lot harder than
theory, a lot was learnt by everyone along the line.

ICANN is by no means perfect. Neither is At-Large today, far from it.
For example, I still remember the recommendation that At-Large should
have TWO appointed Board Seats. The next review cycle is probably just
around the corner. But then, what a different At-Large it will be
compared to the start of the last review cycle! Our determination is the
same: harder, better, faster, stronger.

It's all thanks to you: leadership, volunteers, staff. Kudos to you all.

Olivier

On 05/06/2012 05:42, Cheryl Langdon-Orr wrote :
> It is with GREAT pleasure that I send you the link to the Final Report
> that the ALAC is about to ratify/vote on...  after todays call staff
> and I managed to format and edit it down to a mere 27 pages  the 4 of
> main report text and the appendicies  (which considering the start was
> 47 is VERY impressive indeed....
>
> As Chair of this WG  I want to than each and every one of you for the
> great contributions you have made in this project and give a
> particular 'shout out' to our amazing staff, who certainly today but
> all so often  go WAY  Beyond the expected norms for us, and it makes
> us volunteers look so darn good :-)
>
> THANKS Again TEAM
>
> /Cheryl Langdon-Orr ...  /*(CLO)*
>  http://about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr