[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 18 July 2014

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Jul 22 02:06:44 UTC 2014

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 18 July 2014

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Los Angeles Fellowship Participants Selected<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-18-en>
50 fellows from 38 countries have been selected to participate in ICANN's Fellowship program at the 51st Public Meeting in Los Angeles, 12-16 October 2014.

Request for Proposal for Global Consumer Survey<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2014-07-16-en>
ICANN is seeking one or more providers to conduct a global survey assessing aspects of consumer trust and perceived consumer choice and the Internet domain name system (DNS).

IANA Functions Stewardship Transition Updates<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-16-en>
The first face-to-face meeting of the ICG was held in London from 08:00-17:00 UTC on 17-18 July at the Hilton London Metropole Hotel. The meeting was streamed live in seven languages and participation was available through a Virtual Meeting Room. Transcripts of these recordings are available.

Fraudulent ICANN Domain Name Certificates<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-15-en>
It has been brought to ICANN's attention that some online entities have attempted to sell fraudulent "certificates", which they claim are required to protect generic top-level domain names.

Upcoming Events

12-16 October 2014: 51st International Public ICANN Meeting - Los Angeles<http://la51.icann.org/en/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY14 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>