[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 7 November 2014

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Nov 11 01:03:15 UTC 2014

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 7 November 2014

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Requirements for Implementing Rights Protection Mechanisms in Name Collision Mitigation Framework Now Available<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2014-11-07-en>
Following a 90-day public consultation period, ICANN is implementing a solution to allow new gTLD registries to release names from their Second-level Domain (SLD) Block Lists while complying with all Rights Protection Mechanism requirements.

ICANN 52 Fellowship Participants <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-11-07-en>
50 fellows from 37 countries have been selected to participate in ICANN's Fellowship program at the 52nd Public Meeting in Singapore, 8-12 February 2015.

.NGO/.ONG Registry Agreement Amendment - Mandatory Technical Bundling of Second-Level Domains<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-11-06-en>
On 12 March 2014, Public Interest Registry (PIR), the registry operator for .NGO and .ONG TLDs, submitted a Registry Services Evaluation Policy (RSEP) request to offer mandatory technical bundling of second level domain names for .NGO and .ONG under Exhibit-A of each respective Registry Agreement.

Proposed Charter for Enhancing ICANN Accountability Cross Community Working Group (CCWG) Submitted for Consideration<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-11-05-en>
On 3 November 2014, the Drafting Team that was formed by the ICANN community to develop a charter for the Enhancing ICANN Accountability Cross Community Working Group (CCWG) distributed a charter for adoption by chartering organizations.

Upcoming ICG Conference Calls<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2014-11-04-en>
The IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) has scheduled its seventh, eighth and ninth conference calls.

ICANN's Updated Proposal for Enhanced Engagement in Africa <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-11-04-en>
This webinar aims to cover ICANN's Africa Strategy framework for 2015 and to elicit community feedback moving forward. ICANN continuously aspires to find means to strengthening our engagement in Africa.

ICANN 52 Meeting to Relocate to Singapore | Marrakech, Morocco Meeting to Take Place in Early 2016<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-11-03-en>
Community concerns that would prevent maximum participation at its next global meeting (ICANN 52, 8-12 February 2015), a critical one given the ongoing discussions around the IANA Stewardship Transition and ICANN Accountability, has prompted ICANN to postpone the meeting in Marrakech, Morocco and to relocate to Singapore on the same dates.

Upcoming Events

[Singapore Logo]8-12 February 2015: 52nd International Public ICANN Meeting - Singapore<http://singapore52.icann.org/en/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY15 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>