[AFRI-Discuss] [At-Large] AFRINIC is not undergoing liquidation. The Court has appointed a Receiver and hopefully Afrinic will be back to normal.

Raymond Mamattah mamattah.raymond at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 20:59:01 UTC 2023

Thanks Dave for this update. But from the publication which you shared
earlier it was Clouds that took AFRINIC to court of which this judgement
was given.

Furthermore, from the same publication Cloud argued that the AFRINIC legal
team does not have the legal rights to act on behalf of them.

Do you have any idea in whose interest the receiver is most likely to act?
Anything on his profile for consideration?

Furthermore, wouldn't it rather be better for the court to give the mandate
to the already existing structures of AFRINIC such as the current board
members to act in the roles the receiver is acting?

I seriously hope things get to normal soon, however, I don't see anything
to jubilate about yet.

Regards,

Raymond Mamattah
Accra, Ghana