[AFRI-Discuss] Stepping down as ALAC Member

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong abdeldjalil.bachar at gmail.com
Wed May 17 21:50:45 UTC 2023

Dear Sarah,

You have been one of the greatest family member of AFRALO  I have worked
with since ICANN55 and you still my coach on AFRALO secretary.

However, I am also very happy about what you have achieved inside ICANN
ecosystem.
We are sad to know that someone great like you is leaving ATlarge community
. But, we do understand that you also have your own plans in life.

   Wishing you the best in your future!   Sincerely,

Le mar. 16 mai 2023 à 22:51, Sarah T. Kiden via AFRI-Discuss <
afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org> a écrit :

> Greetings AFRALO Colleagues,
>
> With this email, I would like to notify you that I am stepping down from
> my role as ALAC Member for personal and professional reasons. More
> information about this will be shared in due course.
>
> First and foremost, I am grateful to the AFRALO Community for believing in
> me and allowing us to learn about policy development together. Thank you
> for selecting me to join AFRALO Leadership. When I joined AFRALO Leadership
> in 2016, we had about 50 ALSes and zero individual members. Now, we have 68
> ALSes, over 15 individual members and 3 observers. We have over 40 people
> attending each monthly call and have contributed to policy processes in our
> region and beyond. Our digital infrastructure in Africa has also improved a
> lot! There is so much more we can do but we have grown and we have
> progressed.
>
> I take with me many good memories - from the Gumboot dancers at the
> Johannesburg General Assembly (GA) clad in our cultural outfits, to
> navigating a particular city looking for halal food, and being served one
> whole lamb per table in Morocco (😳 can you believe it?). These experiences
> allowed us to laugh about getting lost and our indecision, they allowed us
> to bond and chat about our families/professional lives beyond ICANN.
>
> I will always remain part of this community. Who knows where we might run
> into each other next? Until then, thank you so much, merci beaucoup!
>
> PS: The attached picture is from 2017 at the GA in Johannesburg, South
> Africa. This was the last time many of our community members were gathered
> in one place.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Sarah

Cordialement

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG

----------------------------------

Président & CEO

ASSOCIATION ## HOUSE OF INTERNET ##
E-mail: Bachar at hofi.africa
E-mail: Info at hofi.africa
Twitter: @HOUSEOFINTERNET
WEBSITE : www.hofi.africa
Whatsapp: +23566274284
Skype: Bongbour

-------------------------------------

Le Secrétaire Exécutif/Executive Secretary

Forum sur la Gouvernance de l'Internet au Tchad (FGI Tchad) / Chad Internet
Governance Forum
-------------------------------------

E-mail: Bachar at igf.td
Website: www.igf.td
Twitter :@IGFCHAD
https://twitter.com/bacharbong
Tél:0023566274284
N'djaména(Tchad)

|AFRINIC Fellow|ISOC CHAD Member|ICANN/AFRALO Member|NEXTGEN
Fellow|GIVE1PROJECT MEMBER|IGFSA MEMBER|ACIEDD BOARD MEMBER|UN YOUTH
DELEGATE - CHAD 2016-2018|ICANN60 Fellow ||Youth Peacebuilder|||

African Union ECOSOCC - Elected GA Member.