[AFRI-Discuss] Proposal for Modification of AFRALO Membership Process and Procedure

Moataz Shaarawy moataz at ofoksystems.com
Mon Jul 17 10:06:58 UTC 2023

Dear AFRALO Community Members,

I hope this message finds you well. As a committed and engaged community,
we constantly strive to enhance the effectiveness and inclusivity of
AFRALO. To achieve this goal, I am proposing a structured approach to
modify our current membership process and procedures. The objective is to
ensure that all voices are heard, and decisions are taken through a
transparent and collaborative process.

Proposal Overview:

   1. *Initial Suggestion Gathering:* We will begin by gathering
   suggestions and ideas from AFRALO members regarding potential modifications
   to the membership process and procedures.
   These suggestions can be submitted through emails or our platform. *(As
   we start since the topic raised)*
   2. *Teleconferencing Discussions:* Once we have collected the initial
   suggestions, we will conduct teleconferencing sessions to discuss and
   debate the proposals in detail to enable members from various African
   countries to participate actively.
   3. *Face-to-Face Discussion at General Assembly in Ghana:* To strengthen
   the sense of community and facilitate in-depth discussions, we will
   schedule dedicated sessions during the AFRALO General Assembly in Ghana for
   further deliberations on the proposed changes.
   4. *Two Weeks for Public Comments:* After the face-to-face discussions,
   we will provide a two-week window for all AFRALO members to submit their
   comments and additional input on the proposed modifications. Members can
   post their comments on the AFRALO portal, ensuring accessibility and
   transparency.
   5. *Voting Process:* Following the comments period, we will conduct an
   online voting process on the proposed modifications. Each AFRALO member
   will have the opportunity to cast their vote. To ensure fairness.
   6. *Conclusion and Implementation:* The voting process will run for two
   weeks, allowing ample time for all members to participate. Once the voting
   period concludes, we will collate the results and make a conclusive
   decision based on the majority vote. The modified membership process and
   procedures will then be implemented accordingly.

*Timeline*:

The proposed timeline for this modification process is as follows:

   - Initial Suggestion Gathering: [2 week - Done]
   - Teleconferencing Discussions: [19 July      GA Preparation Call]
   - Face-to-Face Discussion at the General Assembly in Ghana.
   - Two Weeks for Public Comments: [Start Date: 31 July]
   - Voting Process: [Start Date: 15 August]
   - Conclusion and Implementation: [End Date: 31 August]

The entire process will span approximately six weeks, ensuring sufficient
time for thoughtful deliberation and active participation by all members.

*Conclusion*:

I firmly believe that adopting this structured approach will empower the
AFRALO community and lead to a more inclusive and transparent membership
process and procedures. Let us work together to strengthen our community
and make AFRALO an even more effective voice for individual Internet users
in Africa.

I welcome your feedback and support on this proposal. Please feel free to
share your thoughts and suggestions at [moataz at ofoksystems.com]. Let us
join hands in making AFRALO a thriving and united community.

Best regards,
Moataz Shaarawy
CIO - Ofok
Mob :  +2- 01110126686
Twitter: /moatazSharawy <http://twitter.com/moatazSharawy>

Ofok is Tree free. Kindly, consider the environment before printing