[AFRI-Discuss] Fwd: [AfrICANN-discuss] Passing of Paul Muchene

Nkem Nweke nkem_nwk at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 13:39:05 UTC 2022

Sad. May his soul find peace with his maker

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 20:01, Seun Ojedeji via AFRI-Discuss<afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:   Dear Members,
Please find below the sad news from ICANN VP Pierre on the exit of Paul. Paul and his colleague Yazid who are both within OCTO department of ICANN were usually present during our monthly call to provide technical updates. During one of our AFRALO webinar series last year he also featured as one of the speakers.
I could remember a meeting the leadership held with the tech team in 2020 where Paul was very anxious to support AFRALO and was readily available whenever we requested their support as ICANN staff. AFRALO and Africa as a whole has lost a great resource.
It's quite sad to have lost such a young and bright mind and on behalf of the AFRALO leadership I do express condolences to his family, the AFRALO-AfrICANN community and to the entire ICANN community.
We will take a few minutes during the upcoming AFRALO-AfrICANN session to remember our 2 recent fallen heroes.
Regards
Seun - Chair AFRALO
Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos