[AFRI-Discuss] Call for comments (was Fwd: [ALAC] Final Report of the ALS Mobilization Working Party)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 06:45:47 UTC 2020

Dear Members,

The ALS mobilisation working party has completed its work and the report is
hereby attached for our comments. These report makes recommendations on how
present and future ALSes will operate within AFRALO and At-large as a
whole, hence it is important that members look at the report and provide
any feedback to on this.

You may put your comments on this list(in response to my mail) or you may
write to me directly or to any of the AFRALO officers in copy. We shall
then attempt to put the various comments together in form of a statement. I
suggest we take the next 2 weeks for this as the ALAC may be finalising on
the report during the next ALAC meeting. I will appreciate that comments
are brief and specific with reference to specific heading and page number
in the document. I will attempt to provide 2 examples below:

*What to expect from an ALS(page 3/4):*
The 3rd paragraph seem to give more decision powers to the ALT, when it
should rather be the entire ALAC that would grant such a waiver.
Preferrably such waiver may be receievd and granted by each RALO leadership
to avoid weilding too much power to the center

*Withdrawal of Accreditation (page 16):*
Bullet point 3 under item 2 suggests that staff should notify the ALAC
Chair who then oversees the process, i think it should rather be a
notification to the RALO leadership (perhaps with ALAC Chair in copy) and
the RALO leadership should oversee the process with an action
recommendation to the ALAC (through the ALAC Chair)

Finally, while we have earlier invited the Chair of the working party in
person of Alan Greenberg to our special purpose call in the past, there may
be another call/webinar that will be scheduled. I will provide more details
about that as soon as i have it.

Regards
Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos