[AFRI-Discuss] [ALS-Mob-WP] Proposed Bylaw changes

Peters Omoragbon petersomoragbon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 08:52:22 UTC 2020

Hello Nadira.
That was the point I was drawing at.
Now yesterday call if I get Alan correctly is for ALAC to accept or otherwise any proposal or observations made because the work of the WP was over or completed. Which should not be. Our work would be completed after the community AND RALOs have made their inputs and proposals for inclusion. Then we develop a cleaner document representing every interest. The motion that ALAC set up the WP and such the report is for them to consider is true but after every interest have been represented. The argument that each RALO was represented in the WP is not absolute because, after the work, now is the time for each RALO to geberally look at the document and not take any decision taken by the WP as final.
It is after inputs have been collated and added that our report goes to ALAC. I made this point during our calls. I wrote it as a petition. I was ignored.
Secondly Sebastian made a good proposal yesterday that the community needs time to properly review the document in line with extant practice in icann. And so, these two hours call is doing deservice to that practice.
ALAC should not be in a hurry to adopt this document and send to  the board to adopt.
If the board and ALAC believes in the principle of multistakeholderism from bottom up and not the other way, then, the community needs time. It is not the 2wks proposal by Maureen last night. We are not in a hurry. This document will have a far reaching implications at the end on the future of icann and the community.
It was also premature for Alan to have sent the draft to the legal team before the community input even without the knowledge of the WP.

Thank you.
Pastor Peters Omoragbon