[AFRI-Discuss] [AfrICANN-discuss] Call for Topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting - ICANN68 (Virtual)

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Sat May 23 12:48:51 UTC 2020

Dear all,

As per the last updated of the ICANN Bylaws, the empowered community has a precise and particular meaning: It means the supporting organizations (GNSO, ccNSO and ASO) and the Advisory committees (GAC, ALAC, etc.). It doesn’t mean the wide Internet community, while I think that your proposal was for the later.
My advice is to remove the word « Empowered » to have the following topic: "Enhancing the resilience of the Internet Community within ICANN in the face of calamities ».

Best

Tijani BEN JEMAA