[AFRI-Discuss] Call for Topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting - ICANN68 (Virtual)

Sarah Kiden skiden at gmail.com
Fri May 15 10:25:40 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well. The ICANN68 Meeting is scheduled for
22-25 June 2020. This meeting will be virtual. As with previous ICANN
meetings, we plan to hold the Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting. We would like
to invite you to submit topics for this session. Our previous statements
have focused on issues like: Domain Name System (DNS) Abuse, evolving the
ICANN Multistakeholder model, New gTLD Subsequent Procedures, enhancing
ICANN accountability, etc. Please see our previous statements here
<https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO/Joint+AFRALO-AfrICANN+Statements+Workspace>
.

Please see our proposed timeline:

Call for topics and drafting team: 15 - 22 May 2020

Drafting of Statement: 23 May - 6 June 2020

Send Statement to Staff for translation: 7 June 2020

Please send your suggested topics by Friday, 22 May 2020, after which the
drafting team will be constituted to prepare a draft statement that will be
shared with the rest of the members. If you would like to join the drafting
team, kindly notify us offlist.

Looking forward to your contributions.

Kind regards,

Sarah Kiden