[AFRI-Discuss] VOTE RESULT: 2020 AFRALO Elections

Peters Omoragbon petersomoragbon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 20:14:47 UTC 2020

Dear All.
I join others in congratulating ALL the newly elected members of AFRALO
into positions of authority in ICANN structure, namely,

Sarah Kiden – ALAC Member representing AFRALO (Term: 2020 AGM – 2022
AGM; by election)

Abdeljalil Bachar Bong – AFRALO Secretariat (Term: 2020 AGM - 2021 AGM;
selected by election)

Hadia Elminiawi  – ALAC Delegate to the NomCom representing the African
Region (Term: 2020 AGM – 2021 AGM; by acclamation) *Note:** Hadia
Elminiawi is **the** Regional Candidate recommended **to* *the* *ALAC**. *
*The* *ALAC** will select **the** final **ALAC* *Delegate**s.*

We are not only celebrating your victory but also the message that your
victories represent-the new order of a new generation of leadership
within/from ARALO.
In solidarity, therefore, I would caution that we know when to bow out when
the ovation is loudest to give room for the fertilization of the vast
intelligence we represent within ICANN.  AFRALO  to me (others may
disagree) is the most vibrant RALO today within ICANN. We shall set the
pace for others to follow.

Finally, remember that you no longer have your own 'positions' on issues
outside of AFRALO but that of the community you represent. Please, always
revert back to us on any issues for discussion for our inputs so that you
will be presenting 'our' positions not yours. And for others who contested
but was not favoured this time, remember, he who fights and run away, live
to fight another day. There is plenty of job for us all in AFRALO to do
together. You did well with your result. You are champions in your own
right.
Once again, accept my hearty congratulations on behalf of Nurses Across the
Borders and myself.
Yours truly,

*Pastor Peters Osawaru OMORAGBON*

*-Financial Secretary, Central Association of Nigerians in the United
Kingdom-CANUK*

*-Executive President/CEO-Nurses Across the Borders-An NGO in Special
Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United
Nations-ECOSOC*

*-Designated Contact Person-United Nations Framework Convention on Climate
Change-UNFCCC*

*-International Liaison Officer-Nigerian Nurses Charitable
Association-NNCA-UK*

*-Board Member-Conference of NGOS in Special Consultative Status with the
United Nations-CONGO*

*-Member Steering Committee Regional Committee for Africa-CONGO*

*-General Secretary, Civil Society Network of NGOs on Climate Change*

*-Fellow Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers-ICANN*
*-Fellow Open Society Institute-Budapest*