[AFRI-Discuss] URGENT!! (Was Re: NOW OPEN: FY21 Additional Budget Request Process)

Raymond Mamattah mamattah.raymond at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 18:29:29 UTC 2020

Hello Olivier, et al,

Based on your question, I have done a little research on the various SIGs.
I first checked the Dynamic Coalition Schools on Internet Governance
website to see the various schools listed
https://www.igschools.net/mw-sig/wiki/Main_Page.  The coalition brings
together the various SIGs in the world. I must indicate that I know of
other SIGs that have not yet joined the coalition.  However, for the case
of verification, I used only the schools listed here.  Based on the
information provided I also checked on the various websites of the SIGs and
below table summarizes my findings:

*Name of SIG*

*Convenor(s)/Organisers*

*Sponsors*

*Website*

African School on Internet Governance (AfriSIG)

1.      Association for Progressive Communications

2.      Research ICT Africa

3.      African Union Commission

a.       Access Now

b.      Facebook

c.       Google

d.      ICANN

e.       Internet Society

f.       African Union etc

www.afrisig.org

Armenia School on Internet Governance

Armenia IGF

Not available

www.armsig.am

Benin Internet Governance School

Muriel ALAPINI

Not available

www.fgi.bj

Brazilian School on Internet Governance

Brazilian Internet Steering Committee – CGI.br

Not available

https://egi.nic.br

Central Africa School of Internet Governance

1.      State,

2.      Civil Society,

3.      Private Sector

Not available

www.centralafricasig.org

European Summer School on Internet Governance (EuroSSIG)

1.      Wolfgang Kleinwächter, Professor Emeritus for Internet Policy and
Regulation at the Department for Media and Information Studies, University
of Aarhus

2.      Sandra Hoferichter as project manager of Medienstadt Leipzig e.V.
for EuroSSIG

a.       Denic,

b.      Google

c.       ICANN

d.      Internet Society

e.       Verisign

f.       Norid.no

www.eurossig.eu

Ghana School on Internet Governance (GhanaSIG)

E-Governance and Internet Governance Foundation for Africa

Now looking for sponsors

www.ghanasig.org

Nigerian School on Internet Governance

1.      Caleb Ogundele

2.      ISOC Nigeria

a.       Afrinic,

b.      Nigerian Communication Commission

c.       Nigeria Internet Registry Association.

d.      ISOC etc

https://sig.ng

North American School of Internet Governance (NASIG)

a.       Google

b.      .org

c.       ISOC

d.      ICANN

e.       Cira etc

www.northamericansig.org

SIG Sri Lanka

Maheeshwara Kirindigoda

Not available

www.sig.lk

Winter School in Internet Governance, Digital Policies and Innovation

1.      National University of Political Studies and Public Administration
in Bucharest, Romania

2.      Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

3.      Internet Society

4.      South Eastern European Dialogue on Internet Governance

a) ICANN

b) .eu etc

administratiepublica.eu/sidi/

Based on the findings above, it can be seen that about 99% of the conveners
of the various SIGs are not ISOC same applies to the sponsors. From this
finding, I am tempted to believe that SIGs are not the concerns of ISOC.
Probably I am wrong, and you can correct me.  Also, the sponsors as shown
is the table are varied entities including ISOC and ICANN.  I am therefore
of the view that the sponsorship and the conveners of SIG are not the
concerns of ISOC.  Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Raymond Mamattah