[AFRI-Discuss] ICANN to Hold First-Ever Remote Public Meeting

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 07:18:13 UTC 2020

Dear members,

The ICANN Board has decided not to hold a face 2 face meeting in Cancun
instead the first remote based public meeting will be held.

"LOS ANGELES – 19 February 2020 – The Internet Corporation for Assigned
Names and Numbers (ICANN) today announced that its ICANN67 Public Meeting,
which was to be held in Cancún, Mexico, will now be held via remote
participation-only. This decision was made as a result of the COVID-19
outbreak, considered a public health emergency of international concern by
the World Health Organization"

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2020-02-19-en

We shall provide further updates on our planned meeting of the
Africann/AFRALO session as soon as we get more clarity on the schedule.
However, for now drafting of our statement is in progress and as per the
timeline a draft will soon by shared by the drafting team for your comments.

Regards

Seun Ojedeji - AFRALO Chair
Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos