[AFRI-Discuss] Call for Topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting - ICANN69 (Virtual)

Sarah Kiden skiden at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:23:09 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well. The ICANN69 Meeting is scheduled for 17 -
22 October 2020. This meeting will be virtual. As with previous ICANN
meetings, we plan to hold the Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting and we would
like to invite you to submit topics for this session. Our previous
statements have focused on issues like: Domain Name System (DNS) Abuse,
evolving the ICANN Multistakeholder model, New gTLD Subsequent Procedures,
enhancing ICANN accountability, etc. Please see our previous statements here
<https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO/Joint+AFRALO-AfrICANN+Statements+Workspace>
.

Please see our proposed timeline:

20 Aug 2020        Call for topics and drafting team

20 - 27 Aug 2020    Selection of topic constitution of drafting team

27 Aug - 5 Sept 2020   First Draft of Statement

6 - 18 Sept 2020    Second Draft of Statement

19 Sept 2020        Send Statement to Staff for translation

Kindly send your suggested topics by Thursday, 27 August 2020, after which
the drafting team will be constituted to prepare a draft statement that
will be shared with the rest of the members. If you would like to join the
drafting team, kindly notify us offlist.

Looking forward to your contributions.

Kind regards,

Sarah