[AFRI-Discuss] ATLASS 3 IN CANADA-IMPENDIMENTS TO A SUCCESSFUL OUTING

Peters Omoragbon petersomoragbon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 16:22:55 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues and friends,

I am constrained to bring the attention of everyone to the myriad of
road-blocks and frustrations currently confronting African delegates to
ATLAS 3, and I am afraid, about 80% may not make it to Montreal after all.
No thanks to the Canadian Embassy that, has not only refused their visas
applications but also giving very spurious and insulting excuses for such
wanton refusalS.
For example, delegates that have a track history of previous trips abroad
with valid USA, UK and even Japan visas are being told, they may not leave
Canada at the end of the conference!!!
That is the worst excuse I have heard all my life. If I could not remain in
the USA, or Japan, UK and Europe, what is so special about Canada to keep
me away from returning?

It must be recalled that we collectively put up and appeal to ICANN to be
aware of the notoriety of the Canadian Embassies in African, that they will
take our monies and refused to grant a genuine visa application.

It is my view that ICANN Secretariat please intervenes because its just one
month away to Montreal. It will be such a shame if more than half of the
accredited delegates are absent after all the preparations and efforts put
into the planning and selections. And it should also be the responsibility
of the AFRALO leadership to lead on this struggle. The fact that, they all
have free rides to travel anywhere for ICANN events should not becloud
their responsibilities to us-members from AFRALO.
I hope ALAC leadership should provide the oversight function here.
Best
Yours truly
Thank you all.

*Pastor Peters Osawaru OMORAGBON*

*-Financial Secretary, Central Association of Nigerians in the United
Kingdom-CANUK*

*-Executive President/CEO-Nurses Across the Borders-An NGO in Special
Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United
Nations-ECOSOC*

*-Designated Contact Person-United Nations Framework Convention on Climate
Change-UNFCCC*

*-International Liaison Officer-Nigerian Nurses Charitable
Association-NNCA-UK*

*-Board Member-Conference of NGOS in Special Consultative Status with the
United Nations-CONGO*

*-Member Steering Committee Regional Committee for Africa-CONGO*

*-General Secretary, Civil Society Network of NGOs on Climate Change*

*-Fellow Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers-ICANN*
*-Fellow Open Society Institute-Budapest*