[AFRI-Discuss] Correction: VOTE RESULTS: 2019 AFRALO Elections, Selections and Appointments

ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Fri May 31 17:25:49 UTC 2019

Dear AFRALO Community,
I want to thank us all, those who supported me privately and publicly,
those who voted for me, those who contested against me and those who never
showed support nor voted for me, It shows that the community is diverse but
stable and  I promise to be a good ambassador of this community as a whole.
I hope that we continue to show the level of active participation and
volunteering that some of us showed during the election process. I was
surprised but happy. We need to take it to the next level by participating
more and contribute significantly to the working groups and the policy
development process. The AFRALO community requires that we all contribute
one way or the other, and if we continue at this pace, Africa will take its
rightful position in leadership within the overall community soon.
 I would also like to thank those who inspired me and those who took it
upon themselves to mentors me in this community. I do appreciate your
mentorship, and I would always operate an open door policy. I welcome
suggestions and constructive criticism as I represent you, especially when
ALAC finally ratifies my position.
Shukran/ Thank you/ Merci
AK

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 4:37 PM Capda Capda <capdasiege at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear staff and all,
>
> Thank you for this beautiful work that helps to move forward. By this
> messasse I would like to congratulate Dave, Seun, Aziz and Abdulkarim!
>
> There is no loser. Long live AFRALO!
>

> Le ven. 31 mai 2019 à 13:23, ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>
> a écrit :
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> On behalf of Mohamed El-Bashir, Chair of AFRALO, we are pleased to announce
>> that the following AFRALO candidates have been selected by acclamation
>> and election in 2019:
>>
>> Dave Kissondoyal – ALAC Member representing AFRALO (Term: 2019 AGM –
>> 2021 AGM; by election)
>>
>> Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC Member representing AFRALO (NomCom) (Term: 2019
>> AGM - 2021 AGM; *Hadia is* *eligible for re-selection, the NomCom will
>> announce its selected AFRALO candidate to the ALAC after ICANN65*)
>>
>> Seun Ojedeji -  AFRALO Chairperson (Term: 2019 AGM - 2021 AGM; selected
>> by acclamation)
>>
>> Aziz Hilali - AFRALO Vice-Chair (Term: 2019 AGM - 2021 AGM; selected by
>> election)
>>
>> Abdulkarim Oloyede  – ALAC Delegate to the NomCom representing the African
>> Region (Term: 2019 AGM – 2021 AGM; by election) *Note:** Abdulkarim
>> Oloyede is **the** Regional Candidate recommended **to* *the* *ALAC**. *
>> *The* *ALAC** will select **the** final **ALAC* *Delegate**s**.*
>>

>> ***
>> *2019 AFRALO ALAC Member (RALO) Position** – BigPulse Result*
>>

>> Number of voters: 46 · Group size: 60 · Percentage voted: 76.67
>>
>> *Rank*
>>
>> *Options ID*
>>
>> *Options*
>>
>> *Votes*
>>
>> *%*
>>
>> 1
>>
>> 15998318
>>
>> Dave Kissondoyal
>>
>> 31
>>
>> 67.39
>>
>> 2
>>
>> 15998317
>>
>> Daniel Nanghaka
>>
>> 12
>>
>> 26.09
>>
>> 3
>>
>> 15998319
>>
>> Abstain
>>
>> 3
>>
>> 6.52​
>>
>> ***
>> *You may review **the** results independently under: *
>> https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=13373928GKdFPfC4qkskwvy5XWe
>>
>> ***
>> *2019 AFRALO Vice Chair Position** – BigPulse Result*
>>

>> Number of voters: 48 · Group size: 60 · Percentage voted: 80.00
>>
>> *Rank*
>>
>> *Options ID*
>>
>> *Options*
>>
>> *Votes*
>>
>> *%*
>>
>> 1
>>
>> 15998321
>>
>> Aziz Hilali
>>
>> 34

> [...]

*Dr. Abdulkarim A.Oloyede*. *B. Eng (BUK), M.Sc (York), PhD (York), R.Eng,
A+*
*Senior Lecturer, **Department of Telecommunications Science, University of
Ilorin, Nigeria*
*Vice Chairman, Telecommunications  Development Advisory Group (TDAG),
**International
Telecommunication Union (ITU).*
*Alternative Emails: olouss at yahoo.com <olouss at yahoo.com>  OR
 aao500 at york.ac.uk <aao500 at york.ac.uk>*