[AFRI-Discuss] VOTE RESULTS: 2019 AFRALO Elections, Selections and Appointments

Peters Omoragbon petersomoragbon at gmail.com
Fri May 31 11:40:04 UTC 2019

 Dear All.

First let me congratulate all the AFRALO members who won the recent
elections.

Very curious is the caveat attached to the overwhelming triumph of
Abdulkarim Oloyede for Nomcom.
1. What is the difference between African Region representative and AFRALO
representative?
2. Why would an AFRALO representative be SELECTED by an acclamation?
Acclamation by whom if I may ask?
3. Why subject the AFRALO members to the rigours of an election for Nomcom
when ICANN has a different surreptitious method of SELECTING a
representative for us?
4, Could I be appraised of the relevant sections of the ICANN rules of
procedures for this please?
5., Why would a candidate that was not elected by its RALO be made to have
preference over an above an elected candidate?
6. I am by this letter requesting the leadership of afralo to make this
issue an agenda item for the teleconference slated for June 6.
7. My ALS and others guided by democratic tenets oppose this and it shall
be vehemently resisted.
 Please, I demand an official response from ICANN.
Thank you.
Pastor Peters Omoragbon