[AFRI-Discuss] Daniel K. Nanghaka Nominee Statement to ALAC Member (RALO)

DANIEL NANGHAKA dndannang at gmail.com
Fri May 17 08:18:33 UTC 2019

Dear AFRALO and ICANN At-Large Community,

I thank the AFRALO Community for the Support and Nomination to the ALAC. I
hereby express my formal acceptance and Nomination hence my Nomination
Statement why I am suitable to represent AFRALO Community to the ALAC.

*Nomination Statement *
With joining the ICANN At-Large community, I have made a pledge to be able
to build trust and sustainable representation of end-users within Africa
Region to ICANN At-Large. Currently, I am a member of the Accountability
and Transparency Review Team (ATRT3), Chair of Outreach and Engagement Sub
Committee, Member of the Technology Task Force (TTF), Member of Social
Media WG, previously been a member of the GNSO RDS working group to
mention.

On the ATRT3 Team, I bring forth a regional and geographical diversity
perspective being from Africa. Being a member of AFRALO I took up a role to
be the Co-chair of Outreach and Engagement Sub Committee representing
AFRALO. From which, I was involved in drafting Regional Outreach and
Engagement Strategies which have transition so much with the latest
development of the AFRALO Hot Topics. I led the team that drafted the Hot
Topics and also further Co-chaired the AFRALO Hot Topics Implementation
Plan which is currently in the implementation phase. I have also conducted
various outreach and engagement activities with support from both the
AFRALO Community, Global Stakeholder Engagement Team and staff support.
Based on Trust of leadership, I was nominated to chair the Outreach and
Engagement S/C a position I currently hold. With various representation, I
make a promise to serve right from the time I joined ICANN and took up
leadership, this is the same promise I live by to serve, build, advocate
for young leaders and diversity in leadership.

Due to the need for a dedicated and diverse community, I hereby request the
AFRALO Community to support my nomination to the ALAC not for the sake for
Daniel but because you trust that Daniel will be able to be a just leader
and represent the diverse views, unbiased opinions towards the development
of AFRALO and ICANN At-Large as I strongly affirm to representing the views
of the end users in Africa Region.

I welcome your respective support.

Thank you
Daniel K. Nanghaka

--
Nanghaka Daniel K.
Executive Director - ILICIT Africa/ Chair - Outreach and Engagement WG