[AFRI-Discuss] Call for Topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN Statement for ICANN65

ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Tue May 14 22:41:31 UTC 2019

Hello,
I want to suggest that we discuss issues on  "Evolving the ICANN
Multistakeholder Model".
There have been a lot of discussions recently around improving the
multistakeholder model within ICANN and Seun raised a critical Issue on the
multistakeholder model at the Kobe meeting. The board has also been looking
at this issue, and I believe it significantly affects us as a community. We
need to have a clear voice on areas in which we believe the model can be
improved cos it seems a lot of our views are being lost in the process and
a critical component of multistakeholder are trusting each other and
reaching a consensus that everyone can live with.  At the moment this seems
not to be exactly the case.
Therefore I suggest we need to articulate our points on this and put it
before the board especially as the meeting is being held in Africa and are
not going to have another meeting in Africa until after 2021 according to
the schedule.
I can be part of the drafting team
Abdulkarim

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 11:10 PM Sarah Kiden <skiden at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I hope this email finds you well. The ICANN65 Policy Meeting is scheduled
> for June 24 - 27, 2019 in Marrakech, Morocco. We plan to have the Joint
> AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting.
>
> We would like to invite you to submit topics for the meeting. For the last
> meeting in Kobe, Japan, our statement was New gTLD Subsequent Procedure:
> Proposal of Neustar regarding the upcoming round of New gTLDs
> <https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/5996930/Joint%20AFRALO-AfrICANN%20meeting%20Kobe%2C%20March%202019-final.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1554848007000&api=v2>.
> Please see all previous statements here
> <https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO/Joint+AFRALO-AfrICANN+Statements+Workspace>.
>

> We would also like to invite those interested in joining the drafting team
> to express interest either off list or by responding to this email.
>
> Please send your suggested topics by *Monday, 20 May 2019*, after which
> the drafting team will prepare a draft statement that will be shared with
> the rest of the members. Please note that we need to complete our statement
> in time to allow translation into French.
>
> Looking forward to your contributions.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Sarah Kiden
> AFRALO Secretariat

*Dr. Abdulkarim A.Oloyede*. *B. Eng (BUK), M.Sc (York), PhD (York), R.Eng,
A+*
*Senior Lecturer, **Department of Telecommunications Science, University of
Ilorin, Nigeria*
*Vice Chairman, Telecommunications  Development Advisory Group (TDAG),
**International
Telecommunication Union (ITU).*
*Alternative Emails: olouss at yahoo.com <olouss at yahoo.com>  OR
 aao500 at york.ac.uk <aao500 at york.ac.uk>*