[AFRI-Discuss] Stepping Down and a Nomination for AfRALO Chair position

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed May 1 08:56:08 UTC 2019

Hello Pastor Peters, Members

Thank you for your mail, I just like to touch on one thing; as much as I
appreciate your support for my nomination, I would hope that it's not made
on the condition that you've stated; the reason why each of us serve and
leave varies at various times (and some may be personal reasons) but it
ultimately should be up to you and all the other ALSes to decide on whether
to elect/return a nominee, so long as the person is not term limited.

I certainly value bringing in new folks(and have always make effort to
encourage that), but I also appreciate the importance of not loosing the
active old folks as well hence we need to always try to have that balance.
I have seen that the Vice Chair position is now contested and I am sure
either of the nominee will serve our RALO very well and I encourage voters
to put into consideration the importance of having a balance of experience
on the leadership.

Finally, there are various open leadership positions, I will support
whoever is elected/declared by the ALS majority. We should not be
"schooled" by non AFRALO members on diversity as we know and have diversity
in us in various forms but I hope that we as AFRALO will continue to ensure
that our diversity remains our strength irrespective of the form of
diversity that we have decided to have on our leadership.

Regards
Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos