[AFRI-Discuss] AFRALO at ICANN65

Sarah Kiden skiden at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 23:26:02 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well. The ICANN65 meeting in Marrakech, Morocco
is about 2 weeks away and we would like to send you some information.

Since the meeting is happening in our region, we have planned some
activities and would like to invite those who will be attending  to join
us/give support to the activities. Please see some of the
activities/sessions below:

   - 30 students from the Université International de Rabat have been
   invited and will be assigned mentors to support capacity building activities
   - Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting (topic: Evolving the ICANN
   Multistakeholder Model) - statement is in final stages
   - AFRALO Hot Topics
   - Local Community Engagement at Université Cadi Ayyad
   - Briefing on ICANN Fellowship and NextGen Programs
   - Joint AFRALO and Community Networking event

Please see detailed AFRALO activities at ICANN65 here
<https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO/AFRALO+ICANN+65+Marrakesh+Events>
and the At-Large meeting agenda here
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Meetings+-+Wednesday%2C+26+June+2019>.
We invite you to sign up to assist at the At-Large booth through this link
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ICANN65+Booth+Sign-up+Sheet>.
If you do not have credentials to edit the wiki, do reach out and we shall
add your name.

We would also like to encourage you to carry your orange polo shirts (for
those who have) or any other orange piece of clothing which we shall use on
Monday, 24 June 2019.

A big thank you to Aziz and the planning team!

See you in Marrakech!

Kind regards,

Sarah Kiden
AFRALO Secretariat