[AFRI-Discuss] Re-election AFRALO NOMCOM Representative 2019- 2020

Isabel Odida isabel.odida at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 12:05:59 UTC 2019

Hi,

I would like to nominate myself, Isabel Odida

I am a Unix and Linux Systems Engineer with extensive experience  spanning 10 years working for the Largest ISP in Uganda.

I can confidently participate in any discourse that tackles IP based  Systems Design, Configuration, Deployment, Scaling, Securing and Troubleshooting. In a nutshell, as long as the project involves Building Scalable and Resilient Service Systems Infrastructure Businesses, I'm In.

I champion knowledge transfer in Uganda and across Africa where I train computer systems engineers in various capacity building organizations across Africa like The Africa Network Operators Group, AfNOG CHIX and I am also an active member of the AfriNIC Policy Development Working Group within the African region and I do volunteer for ISOC.

I am a member of the IETF DNS Operations Working group which equipped me the knowledge and understanding of the roles and functionalities of the ICANN Board, ALAC, ccNSO and GNSO.

Since I am involved in Policy development activity as a working group member within AFRINIC, I am aware of the role ICANN plays in Internet Policy and our role as a community to support ICANN’s vision. I look forward to contributing my voluntary work in giving back to the internet community in this capacity if chosen.

I have a strong reputation for leading detailed planning activities, building cross-functional relationships, end-to-end project delivery. I’m very fluent in both spoken and written
English.

Best regards,
Isabel Odida