[AFRI-Discuss] Urgent: Call for Regional Representative on the ATLAS III Selection Committee

Sarah Kiden skiden at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 20:02:58 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite nominations for a regional representative to the
ATLAS III Selection Committee. We talked about this briefly during our last
monthly call. Please see the criteria below:

   1. provide evidence that they have had some experience in the selection
   of people for leadership positions
   2. provide evidence that they have been a chair or co-chair of an
   At-Large Working Group or an active participant and representative of
   At-Large on an ICANN Cross-Community Working Group
   3. be knowledgeable about ICANN policy and have been an active
   participant in the CPWG or ICANN working groups on policy issues
   4. be prepared to do training for their selection committee
   participation and learning how to assess each application using the ATLAS
   III scoring matrix
   5. be prepared to participate in the selection process which may require
   the evaluation of potentially over 100 individual applicants.

Please note that this position does not come with a travel component,
unless the person is already a funded traveler. No one who was on an ATLAS
Working group is eligible to stand for this regional position.

Please send your Expressions of Interest (EOI) to mbashir at mbash.net,
fsylla at gmail.com and skiden at gmail.com with a copy to staff at atlarge.icann.org
.

We would appreciate if we received your EOI by end of *Monday, 29 April
2019*. Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sarah Kiden
(On behalf of AFRALO Regional Leadership)