[AFRI-Discuss] Draft AFRALO FY18 Outreach and Engagement Strategy

Patricia Akello ekisesta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 20:54:16 UTC 2017

Dear Daniel and Tijani,
Thanks for sharing the AFRALO strategy with us and making time to draft
this strategy for AFRALO
+1Hassan's suggestions and

Here are my thoughts about the strategy:
1. I am wondering why we all have 2017 events on a 2018 strategy. Was this
an oversight or is it that we have a different system of tracking the year.
- I suggest that we track 2018 activities in the 2018 strategy.

2. Then in the strategy plan you mentioned about organizing  local events
in partnership with  ALSes but that was not added to the engagement events
targeted - I would like to suggest that you add some of those events be
mentioned too.

3. I was also wondering if AFRALO has a strategic plan or the one suggested
by Daniel and Tijani is the AFRALO strategic plan. Because it seems to me
like this is limited to only outreach and engagement - kindly advise

Generally my view of the AFRALO strategy would be a strategic document with
strategic objectives.  The ALSes can then allign some of their activities
with the AFRALO strategic objectives using a Cascading approach.
Then we can have a strategic plan that can be tracked with input from the
ALSes including budgetary implications.

The my suggestion about attending the events , the ALSes within the event
host country or region can attend and get clearance to conduct outreach
activities for AFRALO. With support this can be achieved unless if key
decisions  are required to be made.

otherwise I am glad to be a part of this vibrant community and looking
forward to more engagements.

Regards
Esther Patricia