[AFRI-Discuss] Draft AFRALO FY18 Outreach and Engagement Strategy
beatblam at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 25 14:46:31 UTC 2017
Thanks for sharing this plan which is a great piece of the document, many thanks to Daniel and Tijani for their effort towards this document.
However I feel the strategy document is silent on the engagement with other activities that may be coordinated in the region like Southern Africa Internet Governance Forum SIGF, WIGF etc. it might be difficult for AFRALO to participate in all activities due to resource constraints but I am thinking we could look at the major ones that have an impact on our outreach program.
Otherwise I support the document agenda and goals.
Sent from my iPhone
On 25 Jul 2017, at 12:14 PM, Aziz Hilali via AFRI-Discuss <afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>> wrote:
Daniel Nanghaka and Tijani BEN JEMAA prepared the below draft AFRALO Outreach and Engagement Strategy for FY18.
If you have any comment, please send it on this list as soon as possible, and not after Monday 31 July 2017.
Draft AFRALO FY18 Outreach and Engagement Strategy
AFRALO has achieved tremendous success in outreach and engagement within the region especially with its participation in Africa Internet Summit and AFRINIC Meetings. We have achieved a high rise in the number of ALSes to current 53 African ALSes.
Aim of the Strategy
With the important increase in the number of ALSes, the strategy of FY18 will focus on Engagement of the end users and will aim at:
* Reaching out to African end users all over Africa to enhance engagement in the policy development processes and all other ICANN activities
* Promoting the ICANN multi-stakeholder model and its bottom-up decision making process
* Continuing the effort of recruitment of new members (At-Large Structures and/or individual members)
To reach the aims of the strategy, AFRALO shall:
* Participate in events across Africa to:
* Organize engagement sessions to present AFRALO, At-Large and ICANN to the event participants, explaining mission, constituencies and activities.
* Make use of all breaks and social events to do the adequate outreach to bring African Internet organizations and individuals into ICANN Arena and make them interested to be involved in the processes
* Make presentations about topics under discussion in ICANN to show how the African ICANN community participate effectively in the ICANN policy development
* Organize local events, in partnership with the local ALSes to enhance their engagement and broaden their radiance in their respective countries
* Continue to identify universities and academic institutions to organize fruitful discussions with students and teachers about Internet and ICANN to bring young people into ICANN through these Open Sessions
Engagement Events targeted
The engagement will be done at various forums within the Africa Region. The following non-exhaustive list identifies some targeted events:
* AFRINIC Meetings 2017 - AFRINIC 27
* Africa Internet Governance Forum 2017 – AfIGF 2017
* Africa Internet Summit 2018 – AIS’18
AFRI-Discuss mailing list
AFRI-Discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:AFRI-Discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Homepage for the region: http://www.afralo.org
Posting guidelines to ensure machine translations of emails sent to this list are more accurate: http://www.funredes.org/mistica/english/emec/method_emec/presentation.html#anexo1
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AFRI-Discuss