[AFRI-Discuss] Additional Volunteers: Draft Statement: Enhancing Accountability - Recommendations for Diversity

Yrjö Länsipuro yrjo_lansipuro at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 09:00:33 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Nor do I have much to add to the recommendations.

Regarding languages: in spite of  translations/interpretation into six UN languages, not everybody  has the privilege of reading documents and following  meetings in their  native language.   That's why the use of maximally understandable English (written and oral)  would be important also  from diversity point of view, for the benefit of speakers of eg. Hindi, Japanese, German, etc., etc...and Finnish...

Yrjö