[AFRI-Discuss] Welcome to At-Large!
reachaoh at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 25 22:54:05 UTC 2015
This is a great news and well appreciated. Thank you for the thorough considerations, acceptance and Certification.
We are grateful. Cheers!!!
Dr. Wunmi HassanPresident/CEOHigh Tech Centre for Nigerian Women and YouthsHse 3, F5 Street, Citec Mbora Estate, Abuja OR46, Lobito Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja
From: "staff at atlarge.icann.org" <staff at atlarge.icann.org>
To: Hassan Wunmi <reachaoh at yahoo.co.uk>; akinpense2 at gmail.com
Cc: ALAC Internal List <alac-internal at atlarge-lists.icann.org>; Afri-Discuss <afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>; ICANN Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>
Sent: Friday, 22 May 2015, 18:20
Subject: Welcome to At-Large!
Dear Dr Hassan and Emmanuel,
ICANN's At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) is pleased to inform you that (223) High Tech Centre for Nigerian Women and Youths has been certified as an At-Large Structure (ALS). The ALAC greatly appreciates your group's interest in involving individual users in ICANN and looks forward to working with you and your colleagues.
The purpose of ALS certification is to recognize that your organization meets the necessary criteria to involve individual Internet users at the local or issue level in ICANN activities, and that your organization will support its individual members' informed participation in ICANN efforts that affect end-users.
The ALAC is eager to promote a productive working relationship between your organization, other ALS, and the ALAC (and ICANN in general), and your input on how we can make this a success would be greatly appreciated.
We would like to offer some initial tools to help your organization keep its members informed (about significant news from ICANN and information on ICANN policy-development efforts) and engaged in activities of interest:
- Point of Contact for your Organisation: Please send an email to mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org identifying the names and email addresses of one or two individuals who will be the point of contact for information and correspondence regarding ICANN At-Large. If this changes, please let us know.
- At Large Mailing Lists. There are many At Large email lists, for each region; you can sign up for them and manage your subscriptions at:http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo . The points of contact you identify will automatically be added to your region's list just for accredited ALSes to discuss regional issues and to the mailing list for Staff announcements (only Staff can post messages to that list); you are invited to join others as you wish.
- ALS information. Information about your organization will be shared with the At-Large community to enable individuals interested in your group's activities to contact you, and to encourage cooperation with other groups interested in ICANN activities in your geographic region. Please complete and email the form at the bottom of this note to staff at atlarge.icann.org.
- ALAC website. The ALAC website (http://www.atlarge.icann.org) is a good source for ICANN news and information of interest to individual Internet users. We encourage you to provide your members with a link. The ALAC relies on volunteers to translate information into multiple languages. Translations of documents on the website are welcome and should be sent to <mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
- At-Large Regional Websites. Regional wiki webpages also have been created to distribute information (including in local languages) on activities, events and issues of particular interest to people in each region. These are maintained by the community. They are:
African Region: http://www.afralo.org
Asia/Australia/Pacific Region: http://www.apralo.org
European Region: http://www.euralo.org
Latin America/Caribbean Region: http://www.lacralo.org
North American Region: http://www.naralo.org
We have included an Starter Kit that includes key information on ALAC and At-Large communication tools. We have also included the ALS Beginners Guide which explains how best to engage within At-Large.
We look forward to working with you and your organization's members to advance individual Internet users' interests within ICANN. If you have any questions, or need additional information, please contact us at staff at atlarge.icann.org.
The At-Large Advisory Committee
Location (city/country/region; whatever is relevant to your membership):
Contacts (name/s and email address/es -- title/s optional):
Other (additional informational you would like included):
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AFRI-Discuss