[AFRI-Discuss] AFRALO Elections régionales et positions de l'ALAC! - Les nominations commencent le 30 avril!

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Fri May 15 12:40:20 UTC 2015

Thanks Fatimata,

On 15 May 2015 at 11:02, Fatimata Seye Sylla <fsylla at gmail.com> wrote:

> I really appreciate your comment.  Can you elaborate more and suggest a
> better process?

This voluntary positions are challenging, time consuming, and sometimes
even tiring. They can almost feel like a second, full-time job. In that
regard, I would like to thank anybody who offers his time to serve us.

It's understandable that people dislike losing, but we should at least
 ensure in future rounds, we have more competition. Elections are generally
considered the key to representative democracy. Probably there is a way we
can foster an environment where competition is encouraged, even embraced.
Your views on this are also welcomed.

But on the other hand, in this round, we have an advantage, we have
selected people we have interacted with, and we know they will deliver on
behalf of the African Internet community.

Warm Regards
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson