[AFRI-Discuss] VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT: At-Large Board Seat 15 - NEXT VOTE
staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Mar 24 11:00:02 UTC 2014
In VOTE ROUND 2 of the At-Large Board Director (Seat #15), none of the three
candidates received more than 50% of the votes, and there was a tie between
Sébastien Bachollet and Alan Greenberg. In the TIE BREAKING VOTE, Alan
Greenberg received more than 50% of the votes cast.
Therefore, Rinalia Abdul Rahim and Alan Greenberg are the final two
candidates for the position of the At-Large Board Director (Seat #15).
Tijani Ben Jemaa, Chair of the Board Member Selection Process Committee
(BMSPC) 2014, has asked that the next VOTE be held to select the Board
Director (Seat #15) selected by the ALAC/At-Large for 2015-2017 (to take
their seat at the 2014 AGM).
Question: Who do you support to become the Board Director (Seat #15)
selected by ALAC/At-Large for 2015-2017? Please select one candidate from
the list below (listed in alphabetical order of the family name):
Rinalia Abdul Rahim
* Please note that the poll for the next VOTE opens on Monday, 24-March-2014
at 19:00 SGT (11:00 UTC) and closes on Tuesday, 25-March-2014 at 15:30 SGT
* Once open, electorates receive Vote Credentials that contain links to
BigPulse, the online platform, to cast their votes.
* Staff sends reminders, as well as contacts electorates who haven¹t voted
before the poll closes.
* The next VOTE is a simple majority: electorate members may choose only one
candidate for whom they cast their vote. The candidate with the most votes
* If one of the candidates has more than 50% of the votes cast, that
candidate is declared the Board Director (Seat #15) selected by
ALAC/At-Large for 2015-2017 and the Board Director selection process is
* If no candidate receives more than 50% of the votes cast, a TIE BREAKING
VOTE which is the same simple majority vote starts on Tuesday, 25 March
at 17:00 SGT (09:00 UTC) and closes on Wednesday, 26 March at 14:00 SGT
(06:00 UTC). The credentials are sent once the TIE BREAKING VOTE opens.
* If the tie still exists, an in-person, random tie breaking operation is
undertaken in the VIP room on Wednesday, 26 March at 15:30 SGT (07:30 UTC).
* The official announcement of the winner of the Board Director (Seat #15)
selected by the ALAC/At-Large process (i.e. final winner) is reported on
Thursday, 27 March 2014.
Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber,
Nathalie Peregrine and Julia Charvolen
ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
E-mail: <mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org%3cmailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
staff at atlarge.icann.org
ff%20in%20support%20of%20ALACmailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5075 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the AFRI-Discuss